Saturday, November 15, 2008

Groceries


People often ask me what the grocery stores are like in South Africa.  They're pretty similar to the stores in the states, except that they tend to be more crowded.  Our favorite store is the Fruit and Veg Market.  They sell tons of produce, as well as most other foods:







Another store we shop at often, the Pick n' Pay, carries less produce and more dry goods and meats.  



 
I'm sorry I've left such a long gap since my last post.  I've built up quite a backlog of pictures, so I'm hoping to post quite a bit over the next few weeks.   I hope you'll keep checking.

If anyone has general questions about South Africa (like the question about the grocery stores) send me an e-mail or ask them in the comments.  I'll answer them if I can.

Melissa

No comments: